Dijon Grilled Pork Chops


May 28 - dinner at Au Pied de Couchon

As you are reading this I'm likely still based out in a foie gras coma from my dinner last night at Au Pied de Couchon.  Rather than pretend to attempt to come home from that meal and write about it, I thought I'd share with you the dinner I made on Thursday night before we jetted off to Montreal.

On Sunday we went over to Royal Beef on the Danforth to pick up some meat for the week.  I knew I needed a Tr-Tip, which I've already shared with you, but wasn't sure what else I wanted until I saw two love pork loin chop with a gorgeous layer or fat around the edge.  That layer of fat that I'm sure so many of you shun for being bad for you, but it's that fat that keeps the chop juicy and flavorful while cooking.


Since we were packing up ourselves for the weekend and packing up the dogs to go to the dog walker's I knew I wanted a low maintenance meal.  Luckily the rain broke enough for me to plan on grilling, so I threw together a quick dijon marinade and let them baste in the for much of the afternoon.  I also happened upon a recipe that Elise over at Simply Recipes (one of my go to blogs) had just posted that very day.  Caramelized Fennel & Onions.  I mean doesn't it just sound like heaven?  I happened to have all of the ingredients necessary and since I often pair caramelized onions with pork, this sounded like it would be perfect.  Add in a green salad dressed with blueberries and pine nuts and an easy dinner was had.


Dijon Grilled Pork Chops
serves 2

2 boneless pork chops, preferably with the fat still on
2 Tbsps Dijon mustard
2 sprig rosemary - leaves minced
2 cloves garlic - smashed
2 Tbsps olive oil
salt & pepper

1.  At least an hour before you plan on cooking and up to 12, whisk together the mustard, rosemary, olive oil, garlic and a good amount of fresh cracked pepper.  Slather the marinade all over the chops, place in a plastic bag and into the fridge to let marinate.
2.  When ready to cook, heat the grill over medium heat (around 400F). Pull the chops from the oven, sprinkle both sides with salt & more black pepper.
3. Place on the heated grill and cook for 5-7 minutes, turning when there are nice grill marks.  Cook for another 5-7 minutes or until the internal temperature is 145F.  let rest for 5 minutes before serving, topped with Caramelize Fennel & Onions

Comments