Easy Peasy Grilled Chicken Sandwich


July 23 - burgers by the Boy up at the cottage
July 24 - late afternoon stop at a chip truck on the way home from the cottage
July 25 - Easy Peasy Grilled Chicken Sandwich
July 26 - dinner out at the Fill Station
July 27 - WURST with the Shack's
July 28 - Chinese take-out
July 29 - a tour of local bars near our house

So I am officially the first of the three of us to miss my regularly scheduled post.  It's embarrassing. But I have to say that the show I'm working on is pretty all-consuming.  Though the sad thing I actually cooked something for Wednesday and had the post basically ready to go, but when the day came around I had no time to futs with the photo for posting.  So following you'll find what I meant to post on Wednesday.  I'm very sorry to drop the ball and I will be working hard for the rest of the year while I'm working to keep the posts coming.

This Wednesday posting has kinda become the bane of my existence what with being back at work at all.  not because I don't like posting, I actually do.  But I tend to get home too late to get a good picture of whatever meal I cobbled together for dinner. Hence this oddly lit sandwich that I ate on Monday.  While it may look a little funny what with being lit by my sunporch light from the front while I try to take advantage of the very little bit of sun that's left, it was a pretty delicious sandwich and quite satisfying and easy at the end of a long day.  What great too is that you could easily make it for 4 people and it wouldn't take any longer than the 15 minutes it took me to cook the chicken and prep the toppings.


In the ingredients I list using the to of the pepper.  This was because when the boy made us kebabs last week he cut his pepper pieces to all be the same size and left some odds and ends in a bag in the fridge.  The top of the pepper without the stem was one of those pieces and it was actually the perfect size for a sandwich.  You can obviously use whatever part of the pepper you like, but this was easy to grill and super east for the sandwich.


Easy Peasy Grilled Chicken Sandwich
serves 1

1 boneless skinless chicken breast
2 sprigs fresh oregano
1 sprig fresh mint
2-3 Tbsps garlic oil
1 top of a sweet bell pepper (red, yellow or orange)
2 slices of tomato
2 Tbsps soft goat cheese
1 thin slice of onion
1 lemon wedge
salt & pepper

1.  Tear the mint leaves and oregano leaves or roughly chop them.  Place in a ziploc bag with a couple Tbsps of garlic oil and the chicken breast.  Place in the fridge for at least and hour.  I did this in the morning and let it marinate all day.
2.  Heat the grill over medium heat.  Place the marinated chicken breast on one side of the grill and the pepper on the other.  Grill the chicken breast for about 5-7 minutes per side until cooked through.  Grill the pepper until the skin blackens a bit and the pepper softens.
3.  Durning the last few minutes of grill add the sandwich thin to the grill and grill until crispy.
4.  To assemble, spread goat cheese on one half of the sandwich thin, top with lettuce, onion, tomato, the chicken breast, pepper, squeeze some lemon juice on top, top with the other half of the sandwich thin.  Cut in half and enjoy!

Comments