Cosi Salad


Work is in full force and I am beyond exhausted as I type this post.  Shooting hours are a killer but I'm still pushing through with making at least a few dinners a week.  On Sunday the Boy broke out the smoker and decided to smoke a whole chicken.  He found a recipe he liked and went out and bought a gorgeous free range chicken.  Prepped it with a rub the night before and put me in charge of sides.

I had a full Sunday with a trip to the Leslieville Farmers Market and a whole bunch of baking. So I knew I needed an easy side.  That's when I remembered a salad my sister used to always make when we lived together.  For some reason it's called Cosi salad, though I have no idea why.  To me it's the perfect thing for fall because it's chock full of apple, pears and dried cranberries.  It's super delicious super easy and can easily stand on it's own as a main if needed.



delicious whole smoked chicken!

Cosi Salad
serves 4

1 apple - diced -  I like royal gala
1 pear - diced - 1 used bartlett
1/4 cup dried cranberries
1/3 cup pistachios - shelled
2-3 oz blue cheese - crumbled
1 box of baby greens
extra virgin olive oil
balsamic vinegar
salt & pepper

Toss all the ingredients together for a super tasty salad!

Not much of a recipe, I know but it's yummy!



Comments