Riopelle Stuffed Chicken Wrapped in Prosciutto


If you are looking for an easy peasy and impressive meal, this is it!  You likely noticed my lack of posting my last couple of days but I have a couple of delicious things to share and plan to back post them today or tomorrow.  Work has completely caught up with me so I barely cook let alone have the time to take pictures and write.

One of my favorite cookbooks is Barbara Lynch's Stir, as I thumbed through it on Sunday looking for inspiration, I came across the recipe for Taleggio Stuffed Chicken Breasts Stuffed with Prosciutto.  The name just sounds like decadent goodness, doesn't it?  On a whim I had picked up some Riopelle at the cheese shop on Saturday and while it's no Taleggio, I know it would work really well in this recipe.



So when Sunday rolled around and since we are in full on Fall mode I knew I was going to tackle this recipe.  I spent the morning at the farmer's market & butcher getting my delicious, local ingredients, including organic chicken, something I rarely splurge on.  Chef Lynch paris the salad with a fresh tasting Tomato & Olive salad and I also made some braised kale to go along with it.  It was a comforting and filling meal that we will happily eat again in the new year.

Riopelle Stuffed Chicken wrapped in Prosciutto
adapted from Barbara Lynch


2 skinless boneless chicken breast halves
2-3 ounces Taleggio cheese,* rind trimmed, cheese cut into six 2-inch-long slices
4-5 thin prosciutto slices


Place chicken breasts on work surface. Using sharp knife and starting at thickest side of 1 chicken breast, cut 2-inch-long, 1-inch-deep horizontal pocket, being careful not to cut through completely to other side of breast. Insert 1 piece of cheese in pocket and press opening closed. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Place 2 prosciutto slices side by side on work surface, slightly overlapping on long sides. Place 1 chicken breast crosswise atop center of prosciutto slices; wrap prosciutto slices around chicken, covering completely and pressing to adhere (if necessary, fasten with small turkey skewers). Repeat with remaining chicken, cheese, and prosciutto.



Preheat the oven to 375F. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken breasts to the skillet and cook until browned, about 4 minutes per side. Transfer chicken to large baking sheet; roast in oven until instant-read thermometer inserted into thickest part of chicken registers 160°F, 15 to 20 minutes, depending on size of chicken breasts. Transfer chicken to cutting board; let rest 5 minutes. 

Comments

  1. I have never even heard of riopelle. It sounds delicious and we'll give it a try

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment